Saturday, December 17, 2005

We Love Katamari!

I think Matt had mentioned this game in the store during one of his recent visits, and after playing a demo of it Davis and I decided to procure a copy (rather, I got Davis hooked on it and he was compelled to leave the store and purchase the game immediately). We've been driving poor David Glass out of his gourd with it ever since. Kerry has also purchased the game and has come out for some double-up katamari rolling action.

I fear that in the near future, those who have until now simply gazed on as the game is played will find themselves experimenting with and finally embracing this colorful, nuanced little exercise in monotony. Even the nay-sayers, who have decried it as 'weird' or 'too Japanese', will no doubt eventually pick up my own Logitech remote Dual Shock II and begin to rock the analogs in spite of themselves.

Riddle me this: What isn't fun about rolling an entire suburb into big ball and casting it into the cosmos to become a new star? Really. I want an answer from one of you Philistines out there.

-End Game

3 comments:

Matt said...

So are you playing Katamari Damacy or We Love Katamari?

End Game said...

We've got the sequel. Never played the first one.

Matt said...

Oooh... the first one is much better! Naaaa, na-na, na-na, na, na, naa...