Monday, September 11, 2006

JOSS WHEDON TO WRITE RUNAWAYS!!!

You know this is an important post, because frankly, I hate it when people do the all-caps thing, especially with three (3) exclamation points afterwards. But this is Joss. In case any of you don't know, I heart Joss Whedon. I also heart a little comic called Runaways that not many people read, when they really should. Cuz it's awesome. The other day I was heartbroken to see that Brian K. Vaughn and Adrian Alphona were leaving the book, cuz quite bluntly I thought it was screwed. But then we get an announcement like this, and I hop up and perform Numfarr's Dance of Joy (that's an obscure reference to Angel, btw).
So let's take stock.
Joss now has the Wonder Woman movie, his horror-film script Goners, the next Serenity comic, the Buffy comic, Astonishing X-men through issue 24, plus an AXM Annual at the end. I want all of this stuff in my hands right now (especially Wonder Woman).
Joss Whedon is writing Runaways. *glee*
-Aerik
PS. It occurs to me after reading this that some of you might not know who Joss Whedon is. He's currently writing Astonishing X-men. He created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, its companion series Angel, and a little sci-fi show called Firefly that turned out to be the best television program ever made (imho). If interested, go to a movie rental place and find a movie called Serenity, in the sci-fi section. You will understand.

No comments: