Monday, March 10, 2008

WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD

I’m new to Haven Comics’ blogs so I thought I’d make a quick introduction:
I am the great and powerful Aahz (10 points if you know the Asprin reference), gaming addict (card, computer, board, miniature, or role-play) and all-around good guy. I’ve been playing games as often as I could bug somebody into playing with me (and since the advent of computer games, as often as I could find the time to sit down at the good ol’ PC). I even started playing role-playing games at the tender age of 6 or so (my oldest brother is 12 years older than me and I wouldn’t leave him or his friends alone so they let me roll the cool dice). Since I’m always walking into Haven and waxing poetic about this game or that game, Josh asked me to start contributing to this blog. (I think it was his polite way to get me to shut up since now I have to save it for the blog.)

I suppose that is enough about me, let’s talk about gaming! Specifically, there is a gaming convention coming up that I always enjoy and is not too far away for those of you in Huntsville. MidSouthCon 26 (http://www.midsouthcon.org) will be held in Memphis, TN, March 28th-30th. It generally has a varied assortment of games and other activities such as movies and seminars… oh, and plenty of gamers. Additionally, I like the convention benefits for Game Masters; running one game gets you into the convention at half price, running two games is only a $5 convention fee, and finally, running three games (like yours truly) is free admission (hey, you’re basically a convention volunteer at that point). The only draw-back is that the hotel is not located in the best part of Memphis, so although I consider the hotel and parking lot fairly safe (fenced with security cameras and lots of gamers milling about), I wouldn’t exactly explore the surrounding neighborhood without at least a general idea of where you are going and what to expect.

No comments: